So, I’ve caught a bit of the Christmas spirit and it’s totally NOT my fault. Thanks to my wonderful job at Target, I’m thinking about Christmas trees, little twinkling lights and most of all, what it is I want this year.
Normally, I’m the person everyone groans about come Christmas time. I usually never know what I want for a present which puts people in a frenzy over what to get me. Even though I am always pleasantly surprised and love most of the gifts I get, I’m sure folks would just love it if I just handed them a list. So, here goes.
All I want for christmas is….
1. an iPod. I am so tired of my CDs. They’re a pain to lug around and I’ve damn near scratch everyone of them so that my favorite songs are forever etch in my brain with a permanent skip. Oh, and it has to be an I-Pod folks. I could of gotten a MP3 player along time ago, but if clever advertising and marketing have taught me anything, it ain’t shit if it ain’t an Apple.
2. to write a good radio spot for once. So, this one pretty much is on me and the little bit of luck I can latch on to. I’m so tired of being the red-headed step child of my radio class; you know the one you look at and say, “Bless his heart and simple brain.” All I am asking for is one stellar spot that is worth the $400 in lab fees I am paying for the class.
3. the DDR Home Edition DVD Game. Yeah, I’m a dork, but as far as video games and I go, Dance, Dance Revolution is about the coolest thing invented since Pac-Man. I spied the Home Edition one night when I was straightening up the board games for the 13th time.
4. world peace. How beauty pageant contestant of me! It would be nice if the War on Terror was somehow magically over and all the troops that are risking there lives could return home to the families who miss and worry about them daily. This may be a tall order for a mere mortal, so I’m lodging my request with the “Big Guy,” God or Santa, whoever gets back to me first.
5. a Norelco Shaver. Yes, it has to be a Norelco. I’m kinda getting sick and tired of shaving my beard only to end up with a 5 o’clock shadow.
6. a decent, honest, regular, sane, non-self absorbed, gay man. I’m really tired of being single and I’m tired of meeting the worst guys in the world (hint: they all live in Atlanta). I just want to be one half of a happily, married gay couple (which will happen once the straight people in charge realize that gay people are not here to corrupt the world but make it better or at least try to live in the muck they’ve created, but I digress). I’m wishing for this, because officially I’ve stop trying to make it happen. I’m taking a page from my friend Tracie’s book on dating.
7. Jean Paul Gautier – Homme. J’adore this fragrance. It has know become what Ty smells like… well, the good smells anyway. Unfortunately, my little man bottle I received for my birthday is about empty and I need a re-fill.
8. rain. Please, oh God, please let it rain here in the great state of Georgia. This water crisis is really kinda scary. Have you seen pictures of Lake Lanier lately?
Okay, that’s it for now, but seeing as we are a meager two months away for the actually holiday, I may revisit this. Stay tuned gift hunters.