We have a winner folks! Congratulations to Tracie. She correctly guessed last week’s trivia challenge. For those of you who missed her post, here are the answers.
3. Keisha Cole
How are they related? They are all African-American, female, R&B artists.
Tracie has received a prominent place of honor on my sidebar in the hopes that she will receive many more hits to her blog site… after they’ve read mine of course!
Okay, here’s this weeks trivia challenge. The category is “inventors.”
1. “I was an engineer that was imprisoned by King Minos. My son tried to use my best know invention and died in the process.”
2. “I was an inventor, painter and philosopher. I am best known for my painting of an average woman with a great smile. In 1485, I sketched and pondered ways to achieve the goal that ties me to this group.”
3. “We (yes, I need two names on this one) were brothers and inventors. Our invention was full of hot air and in 1783, the first ‘passengers’ to test our invention were a sheep, rooster and duck.
4. “I was a German engineer and in 1981, my invention was the first of it’s kind to carry human ‘passengers.’
5. “We also were brothers and inventors (two names, again). In 1903, we became the first to to achieve the goal that ties us to this group. Actually, only one of us got full credit, because it just happened to be his turn.”
Okay, this one is a little harder, but hopefully, I’ve given enough clues for you all to get it. Good luck!